The Huntington Beach Cross Country program is happy to announce the inaugural Huntington Beach Invitational. The meet will be held at Central Park West in beautiful Huntington Beach on January 16, 2021. The course is a perfect mix of grass, dirt, and pavement with a challenging hill to help prepare your athletes for post-season success at Mt. SAC. The course is the same course used by the Sunset and Trinity Leagues.
The meet will be limited to 30 teams to ensure we are compliant with Orange County COVID-19 guidelines and the meet has a small meet feel so you are not at a cross country meet all day/night. We know you have choices when selecting where you race on Saturdays, and we are grateful for you choosing our meet. We promise to make it a great experience for you and your athletes!
- Date: Saturday, January 16, 2021
- Location: Central Park West - Huntington Beach, CA. Google Map link.
- Race Schedule:
- Girls Freshman - 8:00 AM
- Boys Freshman - 8:30 AM
- Girls Sophomore - 9:00 AM
- Boys Sophomore - 9:30 AM
- Girls Varsity - 10:00 AM
- Boys Varsity - 10:30 AM
- Girls JV - 11:00 AM
- Boys JV - 11:30 AM
- Course: 3 miles, mix of grass/dirt/asphalt and flat/hills. Spector friendly. HBinvite_CourseMap.pdf
- Register: EPI Sports, Deadline - Monday, January 11th at 10 PM
- Entry Fees: $10 per runner ENTERED on EPI Sports. Team cap - $450 (so if you have 45 runners or more, you pay no more than $450). Meet day additions will not be accepted, so please be sure to enter everyone who may race. Checks made payable to HBHS CC/T&F Boosters. Due to the fluid nature of COVID-19 guidelines, please bring your check on the morning of the meet. Do not mail in checks. Team packets will not be handed out without payment.
- Awards: Top 25 individuals in each race receive medals.
- Contact Information: Jim Roldan, Meet Director - firstname.lastname@example.org